FULL YIELD RAINWATER HARVESTINGDesign, Supply and Install of Rainwater Harvesting Systems
What is Full Yield Rainwater Harvesting?
Traditional Rainwater Harvesting requires a tank that can store 1.5 months of average rainfall. This helps keep this water clean and fresh, movement within the storage tank was required.
This prevented rainwater from being stored for extended periods of time due to it ‘turning’ and not being of high enough quality to use because of bacteria build-up. Not ideal for seasonal water requirements in an agricultural setting.
Full Yield Rainwater Harvesting resolves this issue by providing an environmentally friendly solution that can store rainwater for 6 times as long as any traditional harvesting method.
Developed by the team at JRH Water Management, the Full Yield Rainwater Harvesting system introduces an environmentally friendly water treatment system connected to the storage tanks. This prevents the need to keep the harvested water in movement whilst producing cleaner and fresher water that is safe enough to drink.
Key Benefits to Rainwater Harvesting:
Full Yield Rainwater
- No issues of water ‘turning’
- Fast return on investment
- Kills bacteria’s etc that affect water
- No limit to the amount of water stored and time stored
- Water for when the business needs it with 6 months storage
- Save Money on water bills
- Applicable for Enhanced Capital Allowance
- Fast return on investment (1 – 6 years average)
- Up to 50% reduction in Water Run Off costs
- Better chemical and feed conversions
- Better for livestock drinkers and troughs
- Better for spraying/irrigation – plants & animals prefer rainwater
- As the rainwater is soft, overall, better for pipe work and machines
- Goes towards environmental policies
- Reduce flood risk with control & storage of water
- Less Maintenance with no scale build up on equipment
Finance & Grant Opportunities for Agricultural Rainwater Harvesting
JRH Water Management can offer finance opportunities and support in applying for funding grants for agricultural rainwater harvesting.
AGRICULTURAL RAINWATER HARVESTING CALCULATORDiscover how much rainwater you could be collecting.
Uses of Rainwater Harvesting:
- Post Harvest
- Wash down
- Drinking water (if treated & tested to correct standards)
Water used for spraying – spraying at 200L per hectare
Example breakdown: In 1 year we could fill their sprayer 324 times to provide enough water to spray 4860 hectares
- 1350 sq m = roof surface area of shed – on average rainfall of 800mm per year means 972,000L to store
- The customer wanted to collect enough water to spray 2700 hectares per year from that site, based on 3 x fills of tanks per year – 200L per hectare spray x 2700 hectare = 540,000L divided by 3 fills = 180,000L
- So 6 x 30,000L tanks were installed to store this
- 1 inch rain = 25 mm x 1350 sq m = 33,750 litres of water
- So 134mm rain will fill the tanks = 134mm x 1350 sq m = 180,900 litres of water
- Divide this by 3,000 litre tank capacity of the sprayer = 60 sprayer loads OR 180,900 litres divided by 200 litres per hectare of water per application = 904.5 ha of spraying x 3 fills per year = 2713.5 ha of spraying
- We covered the farm’s spraying needs.
- Mains water wasn’t needed on the site for spraying
- The return on investment would be 3 years.
- Additional savings were also made:
- Water there for when needed
- In the purchase of chemicals due to better reactions from the use of natural water.
- In the maintenance of sprayer
- The system was expanded to have 2 x more tanks to expand capacity 3 months after install